Island Peak Climbing (IMJATSE) 18 days
Fix Departure on: 16th of March, 06th & 20th of April and 04th of May 2016
Fix Departure on: 08th & 14th of September, 05th & 12th of October and 02nd & 16th of November 2016
This is the most popular trekking peak in Nepal. From Dingboche the mountain is seen as an island in a sea of ice. The summit is interesting and attractive with a highly glaciated west face rising from the Lhotse Glacier. The mountain itself is the extension of the South Ridge of Lhotse Shar separated by a small col. The ridge rising to the south from this point leads to the summit of Island Peak.
The extension of this ridge descending south-west is the part of the normal route of ascent and leads to the South Summit. Imja Tse not only provides an enjoyable climb but also provides some of the most spectacular scenery of Himalayas in the Khumbu region. Seen from the summit the giant mountains, Nuptse (7,879m), Lhotse (8,501m), Lhotse Middle Peak (8,410m) and Lhotse Shar (8,383m) make a semi circle in the north. The views of Makalu (8475m) in the east, Baruntse and Amadablam in the south add more charm for climbing Island Peak.
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu & Transfer to seven star designed Hotel. Overnight at hotel with BLD meal plan
Day 02 : Office visit,team familiarization and trip preparation for Island peak climbing.
Day 03 : In the morning at about 06:00AM transfer to domistic airport and fly to Lukla from Kathmandu and Trek to Pakding. Overnight at Pakding Lodge. On BLD base.
Day 04 : Trek to Namche Bazar. Overnight at Namche Lodge on BLD.
Day 05 : Namche Bazar acclimatization, Overnight at Lodge on BLD.
Day 06 : Trek to Pengboche, overnight Lodge on BLD base.
Day 07 : Trek to Thukla, overnight at Thukla Lodge on BLD base.
Day 08 : Trek to Gorakshep –Base Camp and back to Gorakshep, overnight at Gorakshep Lodge On BLD.
Day 09 : Morning visit to Kalapathaar and trek to Dinbuche or Chukuing, overnight on BLD.
Day 10 : Chukuing acclimatization, overnight on BLD.
Day 11 : Trek to Island peak base camp. Overnight at Lodge on BLD.
Day 12 : Climbing to the Island peak summit if not possible back to High camp, overnight in Tent.
Day 13 : Again try to climbing on to summit and back Chuking Ri, Overnight at Lodge on BLD.
Day 14 : Trek to Namche Bazar, overnight at Lodge on BLD.
Day 15 : Trek to Lukla. BLD meal plan.
Day 16 : Fly back to Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel refreshment, overnight at Hotel on BB base.
Day 17 : Leisure day at Kathmandu (sightseeing Kathmandu, i.e Kathmandu Durbar squire, Syambhunath, Pashupatinath & Boddhanath stupa). In the evening fare well dinner at Nepalese restaurant with your climbing team. overnight at Hotel on BB base.
Day 18 : Final Departure to your home destination.
|Type of Venture||Code||Duration||Group Size||accommodation||Elevation||Grade||Price||Best Season|
|Women Adventure||WAPN-002||18 Days||10 Per-Group||Lodge/ Camping Full board||6,169M||Alpine||$130.00 PP,||Autumn/Spring|
- Airport picks up & droop.
- Domestic air flight ticket.
- Every 4 trekker/climber one Female trekking guide.
- Every Two trekker/Climber one porter.
- Permit fee of Peak and other necessary fee.
- 3 night Accommodation at Kathmandu, Two Star Hotel on Buffet Meal.(B/L/D)
- Trekking/Climbing equipment Tents, Dining tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent and Mattresses.
- 3 meals in a day during the Trekking.
- Dry food for peak climbing period.
- Necessary Nepali staff and porters charge.
- One day Kathmandu, Patan & Bhaktapur (World UNISCO heritage site) sightseeing guide & vehicle.
- Insurance for all local staffs.
- Necessary Land Transportation & its charges.
- Sufficient Tea & coffee during the climbing.
- Climbing/Trekking insurance for Nepalese staff.
- First Aid kit with health assistance.
- After finished the trip 30 minute complementary spa treatment for refresh by the signature spa in Kathmandu.
- Trekking Staff: Experience Guide and staff who have been many these area.
- Climbing allowance, food allowance for climbing assistance.
- Fare well dinner with seven Star Team in Nepalese Focal dance rest in Kathmandu.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required (Seven Star team will give you full services but your insurance most cover it).
- International Air fare.
- Single supplementary.
- Any kind of Alcoholic and Hard soft Drinks.
- Personal equipment for climbing and trekking.
- Personal Insurance for travel to Nepal.
- International cargo/Air mail charge.
- Airport taxes.
- Kathmandu sightseeing entry fee.(about $30.00)
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue fee.
- Nature case.
- Any other additional extra fee except above mentioned in the literary.
- Tipping for your trip assistance (Optional)
Fields marked with * are required
Our Experience Sherpa
The expedition will be supported by several strong and experienced Sherpa’s, at a ratio of one Sherpa to every two team members. If you book this trip early in advance, it would be much easier for us to make necessary pre-contract with our Sherpa’s who have many ascents of 8,000 meter peaks to their credit including Kanchenjunga and Everest, among others In preparation of the route and for summit day the Sherpa’s will be responsible for all load carrying and for pre-placing all of the camp stores essential for each team member’s ascent. This will leave the team members to focus on their own acclimatization and minimize exertion so that people start summit day least tired and as well prepared physically as possible. In addition to the Leaders, Sherpa’s will accompany the team to the top on summit day.
If you join this team, you will have a high level of support, starting with strong, confident leadership and experienced Sherpa’s. This will maximize your chances of success without undermining the quality of your achievement. The Leader and any other Assistant Leaders will accompany you throughout the Peak climbing, as you would expect and our solidarity.
Passport & Visa
A passport with at list 6 month validity beyond the duration of the trip is required, and it is your responsibility to obtain your own visa (this can be obtained on the arrival at Kathmandu international airport at a charge of $ 40.00 equivalent currency valid for 30 days) you will need two passport size photographs for the Visa. We will forward you the visa form and equipment list once you booked for the trip with us. 4 passport size photographs and pass port details will also be required for the climbing permit & these should be supplied to Seven Star Trekking & Tour before start the Peak climbing.
We require participants to have travel insurance that covers medical expenses, evacuation and repatriation. Please ensure that your chosen policy provides cover for the activities (trekking and climbing with guides and ropes) and the localities in which you will travel (Nepal, to elevations up to 6,169M meters above sea level).
Emergency Evacuation: Helicopter rescue services are available; Evidence of insurance will be required by the evacuation services before the helicopter will fly. We would suggest you to leave a copy of your medical insurance with us for necessary arrangement. However, emergency evacuation cost is not included in your expedition cost
Garbage Deposit fee (refundable if the garbage is brought back from the Climbing) $ 250.00
Terms and Conditions
- All Booking are subjected to made 15 days prior, with at least 20% of payment of the Trekking/Climbing cost with additional full payment & other government charges. This will constitute acceptance by you of these Terms and Conditions. You need to submit a copy of each passport to our office via email or fax including two photos of passport size for climbing Permit Purpose. All payments are required per person as per trip.
- Rest of the due payment you can pay after your arrival direct to the office before the trip started.
- Cancellation Before less than 1 week no refund shall be provided.