Makalu Base Camp 27 days
|Type of Venture||Code||Duration||Group Size||Type of Treks||Elevation||Grade||Price||Best Season|
|Camping Trek||NTC-010||27 Days||Above 2 Person||Camping Trek||5250M||
Makalu trek takes you to Makalu Base Camp (5250 m), now designated as Makalu Barun National Park and Conservation Area. Mt. Makalu (8463 m) is the fifth highest peak in the world. The Makalu Base camp trek is a true adventure with scenery so beautiful that it will never tire you.
Trekking will start with a flight to Tumlingtar and heads up the Aurn River valley to Sedua and Num, then crossing Shipton La Pass (4210 m) into the upper Barun river valley for a close look at Makalu and Chamlang Himal. This trek visits one of the most remote and unfrequented areas of Nepal. The Barun valley is a part of a huge international protected area under the agreement between the governments of Nepal and China, which comprises of 2330 sq. km of National Park and 830 sq. km of conservation area in Nepal alone. The trek returns the same way and ends with a flight back to Kathmandu.
DAY 01 Upon arrival in Kathmandu.Transfer you to your Hotel.
DAY 02 Preparing trek gear & office visit. O/N Hotel on B/B base.
DAY 03 Fly to Tumlingtar. Trek to Khandbari.
DAY 04 Trek to Manebhanjyang, O/N Lodge/Camp
DAY 05 Trek to Chulachuli, O/N Lodge or Camp
DAY 06 Trek to Num, O/N Lodge/Camp
DAY 07 Trek to Seduwaa school or Nurbu Danda, O/N Lodge/Camp
DAY 08 Trek to Nabagayoun, O/N Lodge/Camp
DAY 09 Trek to Tasi Gaon, O/N Lodge/Camp
DAY 10 Trek to Khongma la, O/N Lodge/Camp
DAY 11 Trek to Jathee, O/N Lodge/Camp
DAY 12 Trek to Nee, O/N Lodge/Camp.
DAY 13 Trek to Makalu Base Camp, O/N Camp
DAY 14-15 Hiking at Seto pokhari,Makalu High Camp, Makalu Glasier,O/N Camp.
DAY 16 Trek Back to Nee, O/N Lodge/Camp.
DAY 17 Trek to Dabato, O/N Lodge/Camp.
DAY 18 Trek back to Khongma la, O/N Lodge/Camp.
DAY 19 Trek to Tasi Gaoun.
DAY 20 Trek back to Nurbu Danda, O/N Lodge/Camp.
DAY 21 Trek back to Num, O/N Lodge/Camp.
DAY 22 Trek back to Kabtani OR Huruhuru, O/N Lodge/Camp.
DAY 23 Trek back to Manebhanjang OR Khaadbari, O/N Lodge/Camp.
DAY 24 Trek back to Tumlingtar, O/N Lodge.
DAY 25 Fly Back to Kathmandu, O/N Hotel on B/B base.
DAY 26 Free leisure day,sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley & shopping. O/N Hotel On B/B Base.
DAY 27 Final departure.
|Trekking Route Name||Duration||Group size||Cost|
Makalu Base Camp Trek
|24 Days||1-3||$120 Per person, Per day|
|4-10||$115 Per person, Per day|
|11-20||$110 Per person, Per day|
|21 above||$105 Per person, Per day|
- Necessary entry/permit fee.
- Accommodation at Kathmandu standard tourist Hotel on BB Basis.
- Trekking/Climbing equipment Tents, Dining tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent and Mattresses.
- Food: Food for trekking period.
- Necessary guide staff and assistance charge.
- Insurance for all local staffs.
- Necessary domestic flight ticket.
- Necessary Land Transportation.
- Sufficient Tea & coffee during the Trekking.
- First Aid kit.
- Trekking Staff: Experience Guide and staff who have been many these area.
- Trekking food & Transport allowance for trekking assistances
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required (Seven Star team will give you full services but your insurance most cover it).
- International Air fare.
- Any kind of Alcoholic and Hard soft Drinks.
- Personal equipment for trekking.
- Insurance for travel to Nepal.
- International cargo/Air mail charge.
- Airport taxes.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Any valuable equipment damage.
- Optional – Personal security Guard.
- Optional – Personal Medical doctor.
- Any other additional extra package charge.
- Tipping for your assistance.
Fields marked with * are required
Bookings and Payments
All Booking are made 45 days prior, with at least 20% of payment of the Trekking cost with additional full payment & other government charges. This will constitute acceptance by you of these Terms and Conditions. You need to submit a copy of each passport to our office via email or fax including two photos of passport size for TIMS Card and Trekking Permit Purpose. All payments are required per person as per trip.