Tilicho Lake Trek 20 days
The Annapurna range of the Central Nepal Himalaya lays Tilicho Tal (lake), at 4,919m one of the highest of its size in the world. Stretching about 2.5mi / 4km long and about 0.6mi / 1km wide, it lies at the foot of the 23,400′ / 7,134m summit of the same name, north of the Grande Barrier a 10km / 6mi long wall of rock, ice and snow. This is a splendid summer trek, as rewarding as it is challenging. The Tilicho lake trek is among the finest serious Nepal treks best experienced in the Monsoon.
This tarns-seven star trekking and expedition begins with a spectacular flight from Kathmandu/Pokhara up the Marsyangdi valley to the airstrip at Hongde, in Manang district. We soon leave the lodges on the main trail to head up toward Tilicho Tal. These high Himalayan reaches are the habitat of the Himalayan tahr (mountain goat) and the snow leopard, among other mammals. From our camp by the shores of the lake, we climb up to the Mesokanto La (pass, 16,730′ / 5,100m) where we are rewarded with the first views of the Kali Gandaki valley. We descend to stay at the charming Thakali village of Marpha. Here on we follow the Kali Gandaki upstream to Kagbeni, and up a side valley to the shrine at Muktinath, sacred to Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims alike. The trip ends in Jomsom with an early morning flight to Pokhara.
|Type of Venture
|Type of Treks
- Necessary entry/permit fee.
- Accommodation at Kathmandu standard tourist Hotel on BB Basis.
- Trekking/Climbing equipment Tents, Dining tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent and Mattresses.
- Food: Food for trekking period.
- Necessary guide staff and assistance charge.
- Insurance for all local staffs.
- Necessary domestic flight ticket.
- Necessary Land Transportation.
- Sufficient Tea & coffee during the Trekking.
- First Aid kit.
- Trekking Staff: Experience Guide and staff who have been many these area.
- Trekking food & Transport allowance for trekking assistances.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required (Seven Star team will give you full services but your insurance most cover it).
- International Air fare.
- Any kind of Alcoholic and Hard soft Drinks.
- Personal equipment for trekking.
- Insurance for travel to Nepal.
- International cargo/Air mail charge.
- Airport taxes.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Any valuable equipment damage.
- Optional – Personal security Guard.
- Optional – Personal Medical doctor.
- Any other additional extra package charge.
- Tipping for your assistance.
Fields marked with * are required